WELCOME! Thank you for deciding to take the time to read or look over my blog. I hope you enjoy looking over my work today. You are more than welcomed to leave comments on my posts and I will reply to you as soon as possible. Take care!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Literary Term: Setting

Setting:

  •  the surroundings or environment of anything 
  • the locale or period in which the action of a novel, play, film, etc. takes place
Ex. The garden was a perfect setting for the house.
Ex. The novel Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck takes place during the 1930's in the South of Soledad, California.

Video:



Video explains why a setting is so important to films and novels and how much the settings can tell us about the characters.


Picture Examples of Settings:
Setting-Dark Alley

 Setting- Rome/Italy?

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures, but for some reason the video link isn't working for me. Otherwise great job providing more than one example and more than one type of example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! & sorry about that. you have to copy the link and paste it onto another tab so it'll direct you to it. I will fix it & just post the video directly onto the post. I was having technical difficulties that day haha.

    ReplyDelete