WELCOME! Thank you for deciding to take the time to read or look over my blog. I hope you enjoy looking over my work today. You are more than welcomed to leave comments on my posts and I will reply to you as soon as possible. Take care!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"Who was Shakespeare?"

  • Used Google search engine
  • Typed in Shakespeare biography and Shakespeare works proof
  • Read http://www.shakespeare-literature.com/l_biography.html
  • Read http://shakespeareauthorship.com/howdowe.html
     We know that William Shakespeare was born on April, 1564 and was the oldest out of his siblings. Shakespeare married Ann Hathaway on November, 1582. Later on three daughters were included into the family, Susanna, Judith and Hamnet. I also read that good evidence that Shakespeare wrote his poems and plays is that a lot of them are signed by him and contain his name as the author. We are left to wonder why he never wrote his name as the author on all his works and what was Shakespeare's life in depth because all of it was kept a secret. Shakespeare is perceived by students as a man with amazing writing skills. I personally find him to be an author to be looked up to as an inspiring person because his works are well known today all over the English world and genius. My understanding of his works has progressed over the years because the more practice I get interpreting them the easier they are to follow along with. Before I found no meaning in reading them but now I can analyze his works and discover the deep meanings and train of thought they create. What still causes me to struggle is the way the plays are set up because sometimes I lose track of who is n the stage and who is speaking to who. The Old English is still difficult to translate but if I actually focus and try I can understand about 80% of what is being said even though I wish I could understand 100% of what I read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment