WELCOME! Thank you for deciding to take the time to read or look over my blog. I hope you enjoy looking over my work today. You are more than welcomed to leave comments on my posts and I will reply to you as soon as possible. Take care!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"Notes on Hamlet"

      My thinking on Hamlet has evolved from the moment we began reading it because of all the class discussions we've had. Before I could understand fragments of what I was reading but now I can full on translate sentence after sentence, word after word with almost no problems. I have evolved from being just any other student reading Shakespeare because it is assigned as homework to a person who reads because it is enjoyable and analyzing Shakespeare's works extend my thinking. I have actually not changed in thought about the plot but I have changed my opinion about characters. For example, Ophelia, she seemed to be a sweet girl who only wanted to be with Hamlet because she loved him but now I see her as a girl who plans on just spying on Hamlet  and playing with his emotions because she agreed with the King to get information. I predict that Hamlet is going to go through with his plan of revenge and kill Claudius. Claudius already is feeling under pressure, thanks to the play-within-a-play that Hamlet put on for him. I also believe that Hamlet will do something to feel like he also got some revenge on his mom because she has hurt him a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment